Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Fall

I LOVE the first signs of Fall! We've had cooler weather for about a week now and it is so refreshing. Though we know the cooler weather will only last for a little while until the summer temperatures battle back again. The summer and fall temperatures here will battle each other probably until about November, but that just makes us appreciate each time the cooler weather makes it's appearance. Rob has been bringing lots of fall plants home that isn't perfect enough to sell (yay for me!) ...so we've been working on transforming our yard from summer plants to fall plants. Basically so far it's just been Mums and Petunias, soon we'll be planting Pansies, we're just waiting for the weather to get a little more cooler.

All of these pictures are just showing our work in progress, can't wait for all of it to bloom. I'll post more pictures when it all is at it's fullest potential!







And these are some pictures of our back patio. I have yet to blog about my sewing adventures, but I will soon for sure! In December I picked sewing up as a hobby, I've basically just been teaching myself from ground zero and LOVING it! In these pics you'll also see my cushions and pillows that I made for our patio furniture :)



Still working on this cushion...




Enjoying our patio-in-progress, plants and great weather!


Soon we're gonna have to say bye to our Coleus! They've gotten really big, and we've cut them back several times already.


And these flowers are just for fun. Aren't they gorgeous!? I don't know what they are, but when Rob showed up with them from the store I immediately loved them!


And I love Gerbers!

2 comments:

  1. Gerbers are my fav! Love to sew too! Again, we'd be best friends if we lived in the same neighborhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I SO agree Tiffany! I've been loving seeing all the things you sew, and I have yet to take on photography, but that is on my list too...so I've really enjoyed seeing you learn about that also! :)

    ReplyDelete