Rob and I are so blessed! We both have amazing jobs that the LORD gave us, and we both really love our jobs and are so thankful for them. It's so refreshing to see my husband work hard at the plant farm to bring money in and love every moment of it! And all I can do is thank you Jesus because He's the one who blesses us repeatedly, when we simply don't deserve it!
Me on the other hand, never WANTED to be a nurse. I basically felt forced into it with no other options of receiving a green card. During my 4 years of college (actually 5, because I did psychology also) I just had to persevere and hope that in the end it all will be worth it.
Well the end came, and I married the love of my life 2 weeks after I graduated with my nursing degree. It ended up being much faster and easier to get my green card through marriage instead of nursing ...whoopty doo!
BUT....
God always knows what He's doing! As I started looking for nursing jobs I had no idea in what area I wanted to work. All I knew was I did not want to work night shifts, but I quickly found out as a knew nurse it was basically impossible. Everybody asked me to work nights at least a few months on the floor.
Until...
I randomly bumped into someone I knew from nursing school. He asked what kinda work I wanted, I said I don't care as long as it is days. He told me about a day job that his brother has. Couple days later I bump into his brother and he immediately says "hey, my boss is looking for you!" Within a couple hours I went for an interview. And today I have a job that I never knew I could enjoy this much as a NURSE! I cannot possibly think of a more perfect job for me. How good is He!!!?
And here's what I do...

Yes, that would be heart surgery. God gave me a job where we work on people's hearts every day. It is with great hours during the day and no weekends (except for being on call sometimes). I work with a great team of 10 people and great surgeons who I have much respect for.
We are humbled by how God has blessed us, and we want to strive to remain thankful no matter our circumstances because we know that God gives and takes away whenever and however He pleases all for His glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment