Any whoo, I'll figure it out eventually :)
This weekend consisted of cooking...LOTS and LOTS of cooking...and lots of birthday fun!
Friday after work started with me doing grocery shopping to cook for an entire month in ONE day!
If you are ever interested in doing something like this, it is SUPER fun! Yes, it is LOTS of work and you are GASPINGLY tired after your full day of cooking but think about it, then you don't have to cook again for about 15 meals!!!
We followed a website called http://onceamonthmom.com/, it is designed for you and a friend to cook together. They have meals planned out for two families for each month of the year as well as any other information you would need for your cook-day to be a success.
They give you:
~ a complete grocery list (which has insane amounts and proportions on it
as you can only imagine!)
~ a to-do list for your cook-day for Person A and person B
~ complete recipes and packaging instructions for freezing
~ and whatever else you might need
Seriously, check it out if you're interested. I've had two other friends to do it since Abbie and I, and they loved it!
So back to Friday...
Abbie and I divided the grocery list in half, I bought all the groceries on my list and decided to get as much pre-cooking done as I can. (This saved us SO much time)!
This consisted of 31 cups of cooked rice (yes, that would be THIRTY-ONE CUPS!! - I've never cooked that much of ANYTHING at one time in my LIFE!), about 13 pounds of chicken and 2 pounds of ground beef. And no, that was not even close to all the meat we used for all our recipes - Abbie had the rest with her.
Saturday cooking:

This is not quite ALL the food even...

Some more food
All the food when I got home
Thanx to Abbie, who was very pregnant, for doing this with me. (And for taking on all those onions that had to be chopped - lots of crying took place!)
So finally after our 8 hour cook day, I had to run home and find Rob and I outfits to wear to a MURDER MYSTERY surprise birthday party! It was at a masked ball that this murder took place and we had to dress accordingly. We all received our character assignments a few weeks before the party and had to dress accordingly to our character as well.
I have to admit, I was a WEE bit doubtful of how fun and/or awkard this party was going to be, but it was A BUNCH OF FUN!! We all got into our characters - so funny!!
Dr. Mag Niffie (me) and Mike Robes (Rob)
Our characters were:
Dr. Mag Niffie is the rude, ill-mannered optometrist. Her address book is a barren wasteland as there’s not a lot of folks she can honestly call a friend…besides Bameril Lacrosse. Mag’s one hard person to get along with!
Mike Robes is the infamous and overly-inquisitive bioterrorism
researcher. He’s invented mind-blowing bioterrorism counter
devices that you would never even imagine could exist! Some say
he’s an utter genius! Mike’s also known to be a tad paranoid…so
when you’re around him, try to make him feel at ease!
(Get it, "Mike Robes"?) -say it fast.


After a long day of cooking, TIRED, but had a blast :)

And finally, after a late night Saturday, we headed to church in the morning and had another birthday lunch for Mandy
No comments:
Post a Comment